When was the last time you cleaned your washing machine? Never??! Does it stink like mildew? Here’s how to fix it:
1) Fill your washer with HOT water, when the machine stops filling it will be below the “lip” in your washer. You need to dump hot water into your wash machine until it is over the lip but is still below the hard rounded plastic.
2) Dump ONE cup of bleach into the washer and set your washer for the longest wash cycle possible and let it “wash” for about 5 to 10 minutes.
3) After it has “washed” for 5 to 10 minutes push the selector knob (the knob you use to choose your wash cycle) in to stop the cycle and let your washer sit for a about 45 minutes.
4) Pull your selector knob out to let you washer was again for another 5-10 minutes. you will begin to see black stuff and bits of hair and lint floating in the water. Eww!
5) Push the knob back in to stop the cycle and let your washer sit for a few hours… preferably over night. In the morning pull the knob out and let the washer complete the remainder of the cycle and it will smell no more!